Friday, November 9, 2012

Lucienne is HUGE and mommy is freaked out....

So--- I went into the doctor today for an ultrasound @ 32 weeks. The ultrasound tech took all of Lucie's measurements. Then she took them again. I was watching as each measurement popped a different gestational value on the screen from 31-36 weeks. Her head is like 36 weeks size. Her femur length is full term already I'm pretty sure. At this gestational age she's supposed to weigh about 3 1/2 lbs. they estimated her at 4 lbs 14 oz today. She's almost a 5 lb baby and I have 8 or 9 weeks to go?! Wait... What was that about the baby gaining a half a pound or more per week for the rest of the third trimester? Yikes! I'm totally freaked out that this girl is going to be HUGE. I am legitimately worried about a double digit weight at this point. They are going to do an LGA (large gestational age) ultrasound at BHE in a few weeks to see if their measurements come up the same...

The good news is she is otherwise healthy. Her heart rate is 153 still and she's really active. I got a picture of her but her face looks totally smushed up.

This past week I have been having Braxton hicks and some back pain...new and interesting experiences each week!!!

In the back of my head I'm wondering if my due date is off and if she might come before January. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though...

Oh, and not only is Lucienne huge, mommy is huge too. See pics below.

Katie and Margee had Lucie's crib skirt made as a shower gift. It turned out so cute and matches her bed! Check out those pics too :)

Xoxo Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment