Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving and more...

We had a very fun and jammed packed weekend for thanksgiving. We spent thanksgiving day at Patrick's parents house and the day after at my moms. Lucie didn't like thanksgiving round 1. She must've felt smushed... On thanksgiving round 2 I had to eat very lightly as to not upset our little princess.

On Friday night we had the opportunity to go see the story tour with Patricks parents at church. It was a really good show that chronicled the bible from genesis to revelation with good music :) Lucie liked the bass and danced along.

Saturday we were blessed to have my wonderful cousin and aunt throw me a baby shower :) it was fun getting to see the family and Tara for the shower! Lucie got some lovely new things.

Saturday night my sister Meaghan got engaged to an awesome guy, Taylor. We are so happy for her and Taylor and their future together. Looks like 2013 will bring 2 new members to the family :) we went to brunch Sunday after church to celebrate! Gotta love Cracker Barrel!

I went to the doctor today for my check up. They are every week now... Lucie's movement has slowed down a bit so we did an ultrasound to check her movement. It took forever to wake her up. The u/s tech was shaking my stomach and had me drink an entire sprite.....nothing. Then they took a noise maker out to wake her up. Nothing... After several attempts she finally mustered a couple of kicks to let us know she was okay in there. I hope this stubbornness doesn't last, or labor and delivery could be long...

The good news is that the ultrasound confirmed that Lucie has dropped and is very low. As of now she's in great position for labor. I commented that I didn't look like I had dropped, and the ultrasound tech kindly reminded me I don't have much of a torso and I have a big baby. Apparently it doesn't always look "dropped."

We are still doing the ultrasound at baptist east next week to measure for large gestational age and to see if the second ultrasound machine shows the baby as above the 90th percentile as well. If it does we will start talking about the different delivery options.

The good news is seems like everything is going well and the baby is healthy. We are anxiously awaiting her arrival, and honestly, as soon as the school semester is over i will be ready for her to be here :)

Xoxo
Katie







No comments:

Post a Comment