Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Our shared day

So today was my 26th birthday. And Lucie's 8 months! I love that we were both born on the 10th. So Lucie and I both had celebrations today. We went to dinner and went for an indoor walk around the mall. It was a perfect low key night for my birthday! (Patrick and I celebrated Saturday night at Seviche while my awesome aunt and uncle babysat ;) )

I missed posting for Lucie's 7 months, but I eventually did and you can check out that blog too. Basically, we have been CRAZY busy. Like, could anything else be happening?

This month Lucie has learned to army crawl, go from sitting to crawling and back to sitting, pull herself up in the crib, and on the furniture, and subsequently walk along items. She will let go for a few seconds and then either fall or grab back on. I would say that walking is in her very near future, and crawling may never be her forte. Who knows though! She is still 19 1/2 lbs, and 27 inches. She has slowed her growth and I think that is because she's been "exercising" so much! She's in sz 3 diapers, 6-9 month clothes, is eating fruits veggies and oatmeal, and is still nursing.

Patrick and I bought a home and closed on it last week. So in the past month we sold and closed on our condo, moved, bought and closed on a house. I think this is a world record in how fast someone can buy a house, and it certainly wouldn't have happened without my awesome mortgage banker aunt, title attorney dad, and realtor step mom. We are relieved to finally be moved in and getting settled!

We are also anxiously anticipating Lauren and Tom's wedding at the end of this month! We have been celebrating the upcoming wedding and cant wait!

I am still overwhelmed with the task of decorating the house, however, i am taking my time and trying to find stuff second hand that can be reused  and repurposed! I think this is such a fun challenge! Which means that right now we are living in a hodge podge mess! oh well, one of these days it will all come together :)

School has started back and I have class now 3 nights a week, so things may get more crazy before they calm down. I am trying to make the most of my weekends though, and relax a lot!

I've had a wonderful birthday over the weekend and today. I have such awesome friends, family, and coworkers :) I hope that 26 brings a less eventful year ;)

Katie




No comments:

Post a Comment