Thursday, October 10, 2013

9 months in ... 9 months out !

 I am writing this sitting in my car in my driveway because I don't want to wake the baby by bringing her inside... I hate interrupted nap times!!! Anyways--- 

Our sweet Lucienne is 9 months old today. She is such a big girl and is getting sweeter by the day. She is crawling - pulling up- and letting go! It's a waiting game from here. She's ready to move and will follow me around the house from room to room. I've caught her at the bottom of the stairs twice so a baby gate is in our future.

Poor girl went to her check up today and got her blood drawn and a shot. She cried and cried. And cried. They are testing her blood for lead as a precaution since our home is an older one. 

Our little chunky monkey also isn't quite as chunky. In the past three months she's only gained about a lb and a half, and has grown almost two inches! She's 20 lbs 14 oz and 28.75 inches long. That's still 90 percentile height, 80 percentile weight, and her head is 95 percent. So she's not exactly small, but is stretching some. This month was exciting celebrating mommy and aunt Lauren's birthdays and aunt Lauren and uncle toms wedding! We also got to visit with family a bunch and are working on getting the new house in order. We went to mommys work today for a quick visit as well, although Lulu was sleepy from the shot. 

My grad school is picking up with midterm assignments coming due. I am thankful for the opportunity to get my masters but am ready to be finished!!!! Patrick is a trooper and has bonding time with Lucie when I'm at class! 

We hope to continue working on the house as soon as the government shutdown is over--- a lot of people have asked me how this affects me. Well, in a nutshell I am working without pay until the government reopens. Gah. I will spare you the rant, but I never want to hear the words shutdown or furlough ever again :(

Hopefully we will be able to start having people over soon too! One of the things we were most excited about in getting a bigger home is having room to entertain, so I am anxiously anticipating having enough order to my chaos to start entertaining. 

I am also hoping to get back into sewing. I haven't spent much time with my machine since lucie was born, but have seen a lot of baby clothes repurposed into bigger more functional clothes. I am starting by seeing pants for lucie and am hoping to make a matching tunic soon!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a happy fall! It's my favorite season :)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment