Saturday, August 18, 2012

Baby K is no longer an "it"!

Yesterday morning we had our ultrasound. It was quite an interesting experience. I tried to keep my husband from weighing himself on the old-school scale while the nurse wasn't looking, but to no avail.  :)

When we got to the ultrasound room the tech said the baby looked very active and healthy. Then she said, "Oh look how hes moving around so much." He? We told her we didn't want to know today. We even gave her a card and an envelope to write it down and seal it up so we wouldnt know.

I had read somewhere  that all ultrasound techs say "he." But really? After the ultrasound we left knowing that the baby seems healthy. And my husband left "knowing" it was a boy. He was sure the tech doesn't just say that and made a mistake...

Well... a good friend, Katie came over last night to stuff the cupcakes with pink or blue icing. She spent a long time getting them to look perfect so there was no way we would be able to tell from the outside whether Baby K was a "he" or a "she" until today.

Patrick was sure though. And he wore his blue.

So at the gender reveal everyone's watching as we're nervously about to take the first bite of these cupcakes.  Patrick's confidence was sky high though. He had this one. Or so he thought....

The inside of the cupcakes were PINK! I was so shocked I started crying. I really, really, really, thought we would be team blue. We're  I am totally excited though. And I guess Patrick is coming around. Although, the facial expression he made was priceless!

Funny thing is, most people in the family thought it was a boy! My sister, Meaghan, takes all of the credit for being right. (Then again, she's never been wrong about anything.)

Here are some pictures from the big surprise!




Patrick actually said, "congratulations" to me afterwards. Like I had won a bet or something! Thanks, hon. Congrats to you too!

We cant wait to meet our sweet, little, orange juice loving girl! I hope she's not too much like her mama....

-Mama K.

No comments:

Post a Comment