Sunday, August 12, 2012

I haven't been so pumped in a long time...

So, I'll start this post off by saying we're heathens. Yes, we skipped Sunday school this morning. We went to Panera for salad (ok, I had salad anyway) and I had some grocery shopping I needed to take care of.

We're grocery store junkies and whenever a new grocery opens in town we have to go check it out. We're so spoiled to live within 3 miles of a Kroger, Target, Wal-Mart neighborhood market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Rainbow Blossom. We ventured a little further today to the new Earth Fare at the Summit.

It's amazing!! For those of you who don't know, I've been gluten-free for 9 years. They have by far the best selection of gluten free options of any of the specialty stores. They also have fairly reasonable prices. I found them to be cheaper than whole foods. When you walk in the door they have coupons and we used probably 5 of them. The best part was it was stuff we normally buy... GF Bread, Red Hot Blues, Veggie Chips... They also have the most beautiful produce department...

A man who worked there approached us to let us know if we spent $10 then we could present a coupon for a free whole chicken! Patrick said ,"Are you serious right now?" So we ended up getting a free chicken.

Then when we went to check out the check out lady was super nice and told me to text something into my phone and we got an additional $5.00 off of our items. And she gave us a free reusable bag!

Moral of the story is I love great deals you should totally check out Earth Fare. Although it's a little more of a drive (at least for us) they have way more organic produce than any other market, their prices are lower, they have way more gluten free options, and the people who work there are awesome!

P.S. They don't sell a single item with high fructose corn syrup!

:)
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment