Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday's Random Musings

So, today is the first day a person who I didn't tell I was pregnant asked when I was due. I think its the way this dress fits. Anyways, it totally caught me off guard. I was in the snack shop at work when he asked me how many "months" I was. I said Um. I don't really know. Between 4 and 5? The funniest part is I always thought this guy was blind... apparently just his wife is.

Then, it happened again. It was some construction worker down in the hallway. He said "All this back n' forth a walkin' gonna be good once yer baby done come. How many months is ya so far? Like two er three?"

Thank You. Are you hitting on me?  All this bump love all at once. Makes me think that it could be worse. There are a ton of worse things to say to pregnant women. I'm guilty of saying some of them before I realized they could be misconstrued.

Some Examples...

1. OH! You're definitely having a girl. Your carrying all over. (So I'm not just fat in my belly?)
2. Wow! You look like you're about to pop. (Yeah in 4 months. And I have a baby, what's your excuse?)
3. You look tired. (Thanks for that. I got up like 3 times last night to pee and I'm caffeine deprived.)
4. (My Favorite). Soooooooo we're you all trying? (not trying hard enough to not try. non of your beeswax but NBD! Thanks for asking...)

Have a good Thursday! I'm looking forward to these storms coming and cooling things off.

:) Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment